doesn't mean they don't score fantasy points!!!!
I think some people think that players on a shitty team are useless in fantasy football. Not true. It fact some players on shitty teams are valuable. Jason Campbell is on a shitty team but has scored 10+ pts/game except for 1 game. This DOES NOT make him a bad number 2 fantasy QB (I'm not saying he's an every week starter but c'mon!). I know that QB's such as JaMarcus Russell and anyone that is the starting QB for the Browns are shitty, but you can't just dismiss a player because he is on a horrible team.We're at the point in the season where some teams are trying to make a run (Legion, Mind, Donkey, Plague, Gestapo, Bullets) and some teams are already in the rebuilding process (Sunday, West Canaan, Neverborn, Oakton). Don't reject trades just because you think you're getting a raw deal. Just because a guy has scored 100+ pts in 8 weeks doesn't mean he will pay off in the future. If I offer you 4 starters for your 2 best players and 2 guys that shouldn't be on anyones roster, TAKE THAT SHIT! If I, or anyone else, sends a trade that has some picks for an old guy, TAKE THAT SHIT! Jesus Christ, you can't always come away from a trade thinking you screwed the other guy over, it just doesn't work that way.
I know what you're all thinking: "What an asshole. Donkey always rejects my trades and never counters. I send equal trades and never see anything back.". BULLSHIT. I reject trades that are ridiculous (i.e., any trade Oakton sends out...trust me, if you haven't gotten an offer from Oakton, you haven't had a good laugh.), and if there is a decent offer on the board, I'm more than wiling to counter. However, I'm not in "rebuild" mode, so of course I'm not offering up DeSean Jackson, Brent Celek, Matt Shaub, Aaron Rodgers, etc. I'm trying to win now, so I'm offering the best I have to give without throwing away my starters.
This is a trade I made before the season started:
- Donkey gave up Witten, Jason DAL TE; Year 2009 Round 3 Draft Pick from Mindcrickets
- Gestapo gave up Jackson, DeSean PHI WR
- Donkey offers Campbell, Jason WAS QB;Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB;Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB;Evans, Lee BUF WR; Year 2010 Round 2 Draft Pick from Donkey
- The Neverborn for Davis, Nate SFO QB;Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB;Colston, Marques NOS WR;Schilens, Chaz OAK WR
- Donkey offers Edwards, Braylon NYJ WR;Evans, Lee BUF WR; Year 2010 Round 3 Draft Pick from Donkey;Year 2010 Round 3 Draft Pick from Gestapo
- Legion of Doom for Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB;Welker, Wes NEP WR
- Donkey offers Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB;Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB;Edwards, Braylon NYJ WR
- Legion of Doom for Bush, Michael OAK RB;McFadden, Darren OAK RB;Welker, Wes NEP WR
I'm not just trading to trade and I assume that no one will take anything away from this blog, but I'm willing to at least waste my time typing to get a counter to any trade I might throw out there.
Stirring the pot,
Team Donkey
Don't you know Nate Davis is gonna be silly? An offer like you sent for him should be grounds for dismissal.
ReplyDeleteyeah nate davis won't be started on a winning roster at least for the next 10 years.
ReplyDeleteI hear what you are saying donkey, gazpacho should have taken my Glen Coffee for Drew Bres trade. He is such a loser.
ReplyDeleteThat would have been an even trade if Coffee's hips weren't so narrow
ReplyDeleteHey asshole, what's up with that comment about my trades? Just because I didn't want to trade Houshmandzadeh to end up with Edgerrin James? Or was it because I declined the Kitna/Housh-for-Jason Campbell trade? Or were you mad that I continued to reject you as you went for the Kitna/Burleson-for-Campbell? How about when I declined to give up my Round 2 AND Round 3 picks to get Edgerrin James?
ReplyDeleteI offered Burleson for Braylon Edwards, and since Nate has 133 to Braylon's 80 this year, maybe you should've taken it more seriously.